FIND STEEL STORAGE CONTAINERS IN ALL 50 STATES
Find steel storage containers near you. Search by state, city, metal shipping container size, used, or buying/rent options.
CHOOSE YOUR OPTION:
GET QUOTES ALL ACROSS AMERICA
How Much Does it Cost to Rent Steel Storage Containers?
The national average cost to rent a steel shipping container is approximately $172 a month. Steel shipping containers are versatile and durable structures that can be used for a wide range of purposes, from storage to housing and even as offices. They are also a popular choice for shipping cargo across the world, thanks to their rugged construction and ability to withstand harsh weather conditions.
If you’re in need of a steel shipping container, you may be wondering how much it will cost to rent one. The cost of renting a steel shipping container will depend on several factors, including the size of the container, the duration of the rental period, and your location.
On average, you can expect to pay between $85 and $195 per month to rent a steel shipping container. This price range will typically include delivery and pickup fees, but additional charges may apply if you require additional services, such as customization or modifications to the container.
The size of the container is a significant factor in determining the rental cost, with larger containers being more expensive to rent than smaller ones. For example, a 20-foot container will typically cost less than a 40-foot container.
The rental period is another important consideration, with longer rental periods generally resulting in lower monthly rates. However, if you only need a container for a short period, many rental companies offer flexible rental options to accommodate your needs.
Overall, renting a steel shipping container is a cost-effective solution for a wide range of needs, and the rental cost will depend on your specific requirements and location.
What Are to Most Common Sizes of Metal Shipping Containers?
Steel shipping containers come in different sizes, typically ranging from 10 to 40 feet in length. The most common sizes are 20 and 40 feet, with the 20-foot container being ideal for smaller storage needs, while the 40-foot container is suitable for larger items or shipping cargo. Other sizes include 10-foot containers, which are more compact and perfect for transporting smaller items, and 30-foot containers, which offer a middle ground between the 20 and 40-foot sizes. The size of the container you choose will depend on your specific needs and requirements.
Features to Look for in Steel Shipping Containers
When it comes to choosing a steel storage container, there are several popular features to look for that can make it more functional and efficient for your needs. Here are some key features to consider:
• Security features: Look for a container with a secure locking mechanism to protect your items from theft or unauthorized access. This can include features like lockboxes, high-security locks, and reinforced doors.
• Ventilation: If you plan to store items that are sensitive to humidity or moisture, such as furniture or electronics, you may want to consider a container with built-in ventilation. This can help to prevent condensation and keep your items in good condition.
• Insulation: For those storing items that require a consistent temperature or protection from extreme weather conditions, an insulated container can be a great option. Insulation can help to regulate the temperature inside the container and prevent damage to your stored items.
• Lighting: If you plan to access your container frequently or work inside it, consider a container with lighting fixtures. This can help you to see your items more clearly and make it easier to work in the container.
• Flooring: Look for a container with a durable, non-slip floor that can withstand heavy items and foot traffic. Options include wood, steel, or aluminum flooring.
• Customization options: Depending on your specific needs, you may want to consider a container that can be customized to suit your needs. This can include features like shelving, additional doors or windows, or specialized electrical or plumbing systems.
By considering these popular features when choosing a steel storage container, you can find a unit that meets your specific needs and offers the functionality and security you require.